@kyanny's blog

My thoughts, my life. Views/opinions are my own.

Bizmates Program: Level 3 Rank E Lesson 6: Supporting with data and examples

パキスタン人と。とにかくタスクの量が多くて忙しい週、そしてとりわけ忙しい日だった、仕事は切り上げたけど全部のタスクを終えたとはいえない、来週も抱えてるタスクに加えて新規タスクもやらないといけないからもっと忙しくなる、今日が self-review の提出締め切りで、上司は少し遅れてもいいよ的なことを言ってたけど来週もとても時間が取れそうにないから今日この後でやる予定、など仕事忙しいという話ばかりした。でもようやく金曜の夜だからね、もう週末と言ってもいいよね、などとも話した。

Lesson 6 の Bizmates Style から。ゆっくりはっきり丁寧に発音を心がけた。interior の発音ミスを指摘されて、やっぱり無意識に「インテリア」っぽく発音してたみたい。カタカナ語でインテリアって言うのでつい釣られちゃった、と言ったら「あなたに限らず日本人は皆これ苦手」と言ってた。あとは 450 を fifty hundred と言い間違えてたみたいで即レスで訂正された。50 = fifty と混じっちゃうんだよな。

Try の 1 で「あなたの場合はどんな例を示すことがあるか」で、ちょっと考えて思いついた例があったのだけどものすごく前提がややこしい話で失敗だった。お客さんからの「御社のソースコード静的解析ツールは競合他社と比べて検出数が少ないのだが」的な質問に「検出数が多けりゃいいってもんじゃない、誤検知とかあるでしょ、ウチのは正確性を重視してるんすよ」的な回答をしたのだがその際にいろんなネット記事を引用して例を示した、という話だったのだが、そもそもソースコードとは、というところから説明したので大変だった。彼女は比較的すんなり理解してくれたが、あまりにも技術的すぎる内容だった。自分的にはタイムリーではあったのだけど。

Try の 2 でも「どんな数字を使うか」で、これも考えて、でもなるべく短めの例を・・と思って思いついたのが、週次のチームミーティングで日本のお客さんからの問い合わせ件数を報告してる、という話をした。これは残り二分とかだったからというのもあるけど手短に伝えられたと思う。

Lesson 6 の Try 2 まで終わり、次は Try 3 から。明日はミスター獣医を予約した。

  • Hi
  • I already have MANY tasks THAT ARE assigned to me.
  • He kindly told me that it WAS OK.
  • interiors [ in-teer-ee-erz ]
  • Yasu didn't explain how many requests THEY HAD got. In the second paragraph, Yasu PRESENTED THE DATA THAT SHOWED THE number of inquiries and requests.
  • source code
  • This software was written IN plain text. The program REACTS TO our demand. We can see it in the CHATBOX. Some bugs are very problematic THAT CAN cause very severe TROUBLES. To avoid this security BREACH, it is really important for the ... My company provides one of the TOOLS. AS my response, I explained THAT it's a common umisnderstanding. I included quotes FROM the articles to support my explanation. DETECTING EVERY error or bug is NOT POSSIBLE. About 10% OF bugs are REAL. THE REST OF THE 90% ARE FAKE.
  • Every Wednesday, we have a team meeting IN WHICH we just GIVE updates OF THE week. I usually report ABOUT the number of inquires THAT we got last week. They are WORKING for NON-Japanese companies. It is important to keep UPDATING ABOUT how many requests we are getting from Japanese clients. The number of new inquiries SOARED.